Navigate Up
Sign In
Click to show/hide contact information.


Animal Life, Feed, Seeds, Plants & Fertilizer Payment Guide

This guide provides general information about the animal life, feed, seeds, plants, and fertilizer payment process.

Animal life, feed, seeds, plants, and fertilizer are procured through a UCSC purchase order. For more information on this topic, please contact Procurement Services, at​​

Expand or contract all step headings
increase font size Decrease Font Size
 magnifying glassDelete Circle
  • Before you start

    Important information to know.

    1. Avoid conflicts of interest. Refer to the appendices for information covering employee-vendor conflict of interest issues.
    2. Payment If this is the first time the recipient will be receiving a UCSC non-payroll payment, complete a Payee_Setup_204 form.


    Back to Top
  • Ways to pay

    A Pro-Card may only be used to purchase printing services from UCSC Printing Services. Purchases from any other vendor must be procured through CruzBuy. For more information about CruzBuy and the purchase order process, see Procurement Resources.

    • A direct payment cannot be made to the vendor.
    • Out-of-pocket payment for this type of good or service will not be reimbursed.

    Back to Top
  • Receipt and documentation requirements

    The original vendor invoice must be submitted in order for a payment to be made to the vendor.

    • Email the FAST/AP Office authorizing payment when the original purchase order amount is exceeded by $100 to $499.99.
    • Submit a change order request through CruzBuy for payments of $500 or more over the original purchase order amount.

    Back to Top
  • Sales and use tax

    Sales tax applies to all but the following purchases:

    • Animal life considered to be food for human consumption (food animals), such as cattle, sheep, swine, baby chicks, hatching eggs, fish, ostriches, and bees
    • Feed for food animals
    • Seeds and annual plants, the products of which ordinarily constitute food for human consumption
    • Seeds, the products of which will be used as feed for any form of food animal
    • Fertilizer to be applied to land, the products harvested from which are to be used as food for human consumption or used as feed for food animals

    Back to Top
  • Common oversights

    Speed up getting a payment processed by avoiding these common oversights.

    • Forgetting to provide the recipient’s social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
    • Forgetting to request a change order from the Purchasing Office when the amount to be paid will exceed the amount allowed on the Purchase Order.
    • Forgetting to submit a Payee_Setup_204 form for a first-time reimbursement or payment recipient.

    Back to Top
  • UC Procedure References

    Back to Top
  • Where to get help

    More assistance is available:

    • Purchase order, change order, and Employee-Vendor Conflict of Interest Evaluation Form-related questions, email:
    • For all other questions, lease contact the FAST/AP Help line at 459-4488 with questions or locate your representative directly.

    Back to Top
  • Relevant Appendices

    Back to Top
There are no results.
University of California
UC Santa Cruz, 1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, Ca 95064
©2021 Regents of the University of California. All Rights Reserved.
Site Feedback