Navigate Up
Sign In
Click to show/hide contact information.


Access Connexxus Booking ToolWelcome to the Financial Affairs resource page for UCSC Travel. Here you will find links to information to help guide you to successful travel preparation, booking, and expense reimbursement. Be sure to check out the Key Tips for UCSC Travelers for advice on the most common travel topics, and remember, the full UCSC Travel Guide is also available with in-depth travel and policy information.

​Before you Travel

Get Departmental Pre-Approval for Your Trip
Pre-approval should be requested when you begin planning your travel. Finalize your travel plans using the list of allowable travel expenses, and seek departmental approval. Many departments have different requirements and procedures for approving travel expenses, so speak to your departmental or divisional leader for guidance.

Effective 1/1/2017, UCSC is required to adhere to CA Bill AB 1887, which prohibits state-funded travel (199xx funds) to certain states due to their discriminatory stances on gender identity, expression, and equality.

As this list of states may change over time, please visit the website of the California Office of the Attorney General for a regularly updated list of impacted states and additional relevant information about this law. Please contact should you have any questions about this new law and how it impacts travel to the designated states.

Make Sure Your Payment Information is Up to Date
In order for the university to reimburse your travel expenses you must have current payee information on file. Without a complete Payee Setup 204 form you will be unable to receive a cash advance or travel expense reimbursement. If your address or banking information has changed since you last submitted a Payee Setup 204 form, you will need to fill out a new form and submit it so that FAR has your new information.

Pick a Way to Pay for Your Trip
You can request a cash advance for your travel (or reimbursement for pre-paid travel) expenses by filling out and submitting a Travel Advance Request form. The Travel Advance Request form can also be used for requesting a trip number to direct bill certain expenses.

Regardless of what method of payment you choose, you are required to file a Post Travel Expense form when you return from your trip.

Book Your Travel Through Connexxus or Another Means

For more information see Key Tips For UCSC Travelers.

While You Travel

Review the list of allowable expenses before making purchases.

Save your original itemized receipts while traveling.

For more information see Types of Travel.

​After you Travel

If you are seeking reimbursement for funds spent on allowable expenses while traveling, you have 45 days to file a Post Travel Expense form, but it is recommended that you do so within 10 days of returning from your trip.

Rates and information for rental car and personal automobile usage.

Travel Announcements

Travel Announcements Archive

May 2017 Connexxus Southwest Airlines Booking Platform Changes Could Affect UCSC Travelers
Southwest Airlines is in the process of updating their booking platform and the change will take effect on May 8th.

This means that any Southwest booking via agency sites that span May 8th (i.e. a trip from May 7th to 9th) will have to book each flight (departure and return) separately. Travelers who attempt to book roundtrip flights over this time frame will receive an error indicating the booking could not be completed. Please note, entire trips before or after May 8th will not face this issue.

To avoid multiple tickets and fees, travelers can book their Southwest tickets directly via SWABIZ (Southwest Airlines for Business) using the “Book Now” link in Connexxus. This will allow you access to all flights and UC-negotiated discounts and benefits (including an extra 250 Rapid Reward points for each leg of the trip). Travelers will not be able to use the campus paid airfare option via SWABIZ and will have to seek reimbursement after the trip.

The Central Travel Office will hold a 30-minute webinar to discuss this platform change and what it may mean to UC travelers on Thursday, April 6th at 11:30AM.

​Pre-Travel Forms

​Travel Rates and links

Travel Guide Meals and Incidental Expense Rates
Currency Converter (OANDA)

Automobile Mileage Rates
53.5¢ per mile - Effective 1/1/2017
54¢ per mile - Effective 1/1/2016

Please direct your questions to either or the FAST/AP Help Line at (831) 459-4488.

You may also locate your representative directly.

​Post-Travel Forms

University of California Santa Cruz, 1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, Ca 95064
© 2016 Regents of the University of California. All Rights Reserved.

Site Feedback