University of CA - Santa Cruz will delay implementation of the new federal procurement rules found at 2 CFR Part 200, beginning with section 200.317, until July 1, 2018. Procurement Services will continue to follow the federal procurement rules found in Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-110. This deferment is authorized in Section 110-6 of the Frequently Asked Questions released by OMB and the Council on Financial Assistance Reform (COFAR) on August 29, 2014.
Located at 2 CFR 200, this guidance supersedes and streamlines the following eight existing OMB Circulars:
- A-21 Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
- A-87 Cost Principles for State, Local and Indian Tribal Governments
- A-122 Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations
- A-110 Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Other Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals and Other Non-Profit Organizations
- A-102 Grants and Cooperative Agreements With State and Local Governments
- A-133 Audits of States, Local Governments and Non-Profit Organizations
- A-50 Audit Follow-up
- A-89 Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
This is a major reform of how the federal government provides assistance awards (e.g., grants and cooperative agreements) with the goal of increasing accountability and transparency while reducing the administrative burden on non-federal entities receiving federal awards.
Additional Information: UCOP – Research Policy Analysis and Coordination - Uniform Guidance